Uberspace 7 manual¶
Uberspace is a hosting platform targeted at people who want to look behind the scenes, do things we didn’t anticipate and generally prefer working with a text-based console. Our objective is to not only host the content you’d like to see on the web, but also to introduce you to Linux and basic shell usage.
Version 7.7.0 Changelog:
- Java is now version 14 and will be updated as EPEL’s
- tmux is now version 2.9a.
- HSTS is enforced for 1 year.
- HTTP⇒HTTPS redirects use 301 instead of 302.
- SMTP on port 587 now no longer accepts mails to local domains without authentication.
- SMTP on port 25 now automatically restarts, should it crash for any reason. The recent SSD migrations caused it to crash once on each host leading to a downtime of ~10 minutes. This change mitigates this on future crashes.
- Dovecot (IMAP/POP3) now gets version updates independently of other packages. This dramatically shortens downtimes during updates, as the package script otherwise waits until all other packages have finished updating before Dovecot can start again.
- goaccess now supports “tcb_btree” again to fix
For more information see the full changelog.