Uberspace 7 manual¶
Uberspace is a hosting platform targeted at people who want to look behind the scenes, do things we didn’t anticipate and generally prefer working with a text-based console. Our objective is to not only host the content you’d like to see on the web, but also to introduce you to Linux and basic shell usage.
Latest Version: 7.7.10 (2020-11-17)
- mg: a tiny Emacs-like editor
numactlcommand to please MongoDB
- modern TLS settings for POP3/IMAP/SMTP-SUBMIT (reverted because they block connections from thunderbird)
- many fonts to support non-western scripts
- MariaDB backups now includestored routines
20000to meet friendica’s requirements
- The SMTP connection limit introduced in v7.7.7 now actually works.
$user.uber.spaceis now correctly displayed in
uberspace mail domain list
uberspace * domain listoutput is now sorted
- Log rotation is now randomized to happen between 4 and 5 am. The time is constant for each host, so they are always rotated at the same time for a given host. This reduces the IO load on our storage and therefore improves performance and reliabilty at night.
- Prometheus’ node_exporter can now be monitored by our icinga2 setup, leading to more complete graphs for us and better performance for you.
- Sometimes our internal CI amassed a lot of temporary DNS records, which exceeded the quota of our DNS provider, griding our CI and development to a halt. The records are now purged reguarly.
For more information see the full changelog.
Sometimes the version shown on your host may be higher than the newest version here. In this case we might have applied additional fixes shortly after a release or did internal changes without user impact. We deem updates like these hotfixes and they are not necessarily included in this changelog.