Uberspace 7 manual¶
Uberspace is a hosting platform targeted at people who want to look behind the scenes, do things we didn’t anticipate and generally prefer working with a text-based console. Our objective is to not only host the content you’d like to see on the web, but also to introduce you to Linux and basic shell usage.
Latest Version: 7.8.1 (2020-12-22)
- Increased the Rspamd reject score to
- Reduced the Rspamd score for
- We limit the Spam Assassin rules we use with Rspamd to ZMI.
- Deprecated PHP
7.2. It will be removed early next year.
- We added a connection timeout on port 587 (hard capped at two hours, or one hour for idle connections). Our SMTP submit queue suffered from lingering connections, we hope this helps to mitigate it.
- The output of
uberspace mail domain addnow ends domain names with a dot (
.). We hope this helps avoiding situations, where it could otherwise be interpreted as relative to an origin (this mostly effects c/p to bind configurations, but also some web based GUIs).
- We migrated a lot of hosts to SSD storage.
- fstrim now runs about weekly on the hosts. Concrete times are distributed randomly, to minimize the impact on the cluster.
- While creating SQL backup dumps, we now log and monitor MariaDB errors.
- We moved the Rspamd logs out of the journal (for now). This allows us to have a longer retention policy for those, while still keeping them pretty verbose. We will fine tune our Spam filtering over the next releases, so this might come in handy.
For more information see the full changelog.
Sometimes the version shown on your host may be higher than the newest version here. In this case we might have applied additional fixes shortly after a release or did internal changes without user impact. We deem updates like these hotfixes and they are not necessarily included in this changelog.